Friday, July 4, 2008

Module 3

Module 3 was something new for me to explore again. I have never used Inspiration or have done a course map. Inspiration was a great tool and I would like to become more familiar with it. I haven't figure out what I all can do yet with it. I think using a map can be easier for some people to understand rather than words in an outline. One thing I think is very important is to make it as clear as possible. Sometimes maps can get confusing and people get lost from where each "bubble" goes from one another. I did the same web in word before I discovered I was suppose to use Inspiration. One question I still have is, is there anything different between the two?

I enjoyed reading the "30 Emerging Technologies in Education" article. The different topics were very interesting and I gained a lot of knowledge by reading it and reading the different postings other students had about the article.

1 comment:

Datta Kaur said...

You asked what is different between word and Inspiration? On Thursday during an administration planning meeting, the brainstorming began. I whipped out Inspiration, began a concept map of the session and projected it in minutes.

Word would have taken longer, since the software is not developed particularly for this. Your first use of Inspiration may have shown no time difference between the use of Word and Inspiration for mapping.

However you may see this time change as you become quite familiar with the Inspiration software.

Datta Kaur